-->

molly's cupcakes...

i stopped by molly's cupcakes in lincoln park this weekend because a friend of mine has always raved about their cupcakes. it was packed, which i always love to see when it comes to cupcakeries, but that didn't affect my experience whatsoever. it was such a cute little bakery, complete with both table and bar seating {the bar seating had swings for seats!}



I ended up sticking to my favorite, the lemon meringue cupcake. it was a dense lemon cake {which i generally don't like in a cupcake} with toasted meringue frosting and lemon curd filling. 

The cake was so flavorful on it's own, and as dense as the actual cake was, it was still extremely moist. after bite two, i found the lemon curd center, which was tart but sweet {my mouth is literally watering as i'm typing this} but not too overpowering in flavor. 

The frosting tasted almost like toasted marshmallow and was very creamy; not whipped like most frostings. it wasn't too sweet and the toasted flavor definitely brought the whole cupcake together. i really enjoyed this lemon cupcake {even though i have yet to really find a lemon cupcake that i don't like} and i defintely plan on making a trip to molly's more often...



3 comments:

Teresa said...

These look devine! I wish we had one of these places near us! :D

xoxo, dania said...

yum! they look absolutely delicious! especially the blueberry & raspberry one :)

http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

Amelie said...

Nice to read about the original Molly's! I love their cupcakes.

I visited the new one in NYC recently, here's my post:
NYC Cupcake Crawl I: Molly’s Cupcakes

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch