-->

lemon almond wheels...



I tend to post recipes when I'm hungry {and considering how many recipes I post, you would think I had the appetite of an entire family of people... and my friends would argue that I do...}and today, I am absolutely craving almond!

Here is the recipe for lemon almond wheels from the diary of a mad haus frau...


{via diary of a mad haus frau}

Lemon Almond Wheels

  • 2/3 cup butter 
  • 2 tablespoons lemon zest 
  • 1 egg 
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar 
  • 2 cups AP flour 
  • 2 cups ground almonds 
  • 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice 
  • 3 organic lemons sliced extremely thin. 
  • Some granulated sugar for sprinkling over the lemon slices 
  • Flour for rolling out dough. 
  • Powdered sugar for dusting the finished cookies. 


Preparation 

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
-Line two baking sheets with baking paper. 
-Beat the butter, zest and egg until creamy. 
-Add the powdered sugar and mix. 
-Mix in flour, then the ground almonds 
-Add lemon juice and mix until just combined. 
-Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. 
-Slice the lemons as thinly as you can. I used a mandolin. 
-Remove dough from fridge, roll out on a floured surface and use a cookie cutter (I used a beer glass). Whatever you do use to cut the circles, make sure the size is slightly larger than the lemon slices. 
-Gently press a slice of lemon into each circle. 
-Sprinkle lemon slices with granulated sugar. 
-Bake in middle rack of the oven 12-15 minutes until golden brown. 
-Remove from oven, transfer to wire racks and cool completely. 
-Dust with powdered sugar.


enjoy... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch