-->

fried peanut butter & jelly...

yes, i did eat fried peanut butter and jelly...

i am in no way a proponent of fried food and i generally never eat anything that's been cooked in oil regardless, but my trip to the wisconsin state fair tonight required me to at least try one of the ridiculous and crazy concoctions that people have been raving about. 

we found this carnie delicacy at the machine shed restaurant, along with deep fried butter, a krispy kreme burger and chocolate covered bacon on a stick...


basically, the machine shed took a frozen smuckers crustable (a little peanut butter and jelly sandwich pie creation that can be found in any grocery store), deep fried it, topped it off with powdered sugar and then put it on a stick. 

 

the first bite i took was literally 'deep fry' and peanut butter. it was less than pleasant. if that bite had included jelly, it may have been a different story, but it didn't. all the jelly oozed out onto my hand around bite three... scalding hot jelly is not delicious, let me tell you... 

 

it's safe to say that i only made it to bite three. i just wasn't a fan of this (or of fried food, so i may be biased). it was too difficult to eat, it tasted strange and i may have potentially left with a third degree burn to my left hand. 

i'll chalk this one up to a loss...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch