-->

dr. pepper peanut brittle...

i do not drink soda, i never have. the only reason i know what dr. pepper tastes like is because i have about three dr. pepper lip smackers in my purse at all times. since i love the smell of my overly used balm, i decided to find a way for me to have my dr. pepper without actually 'having' my dr. pepper. 

{via baking for the boys}
Dr. Pepper Peanut Brittle

  • 1 ¼ c. sugar
  • ¾ c. butter
  • 1 ½ t. salt
  • ¼ c. Dr. Pepper
  • 2 c. lightly salted peanuts
  • ½ t. baking soda



preparation
  • Line a rimmed baking sheet with pan sprayed foil.
  • Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan and cook on medium heat bringing it to a boil, stirring often.
  • Once the temperature has reached 290°F on a candy thermometer, remove from heat and add peanuts. Stir. Add baking soda, and stir to combine.
  • Pour mixture onto foil lined baking sheet and cool until hardened. Break candy into shards.

 recipe courtesy of baking for the boys



enjoy...



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the shout out. Hope you enjoyed it!

Sarah said...

I'm an exhibits intern at the Dr Pepper Museum in Waco, TX. I'm gathering Dr Pepper recipes for use in a display. Is it okay if I use your recipe? Thank you.

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch