-->

banana cupcakes with maple brown butter frosting...

When I stepped out for lunch today in a skirt, I almost froze! {gross over-exaggeration of course, since it is around 75 degrees in Milwaukee right now}It got me pretty excited for sweater and boot weather though... and of course apples, maple and the smell of cinnamon and pumpkin filling my apartment {I must admit, I am a candle hoarder... but if we associate memory with smell, why not have a scented candle for every occasion?!}

To get you as excited for fall as I am, here is a recipe for banana cupcakes with maple brown butter frosting from nomnomnstuff...
{via nomnomnstuff}

Banana Cupcakes with Maple Brown Butter Frosting

  • 1 cup mashed bananas 
  • 1 T lemon juice 
  • 1 1/2 cup flour 
  • 1 tsp baking soda 
  • 1/4 tsp salt 
  • 3/4 stick butter 
  • 1 cup sugar 
  • 1 jumbo egg 
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk 

 For frosting

  • 1 stick butter 
  • 3 cups confectioner’s sugar 
  • 1/4 cup milk 
  • 3 T maple syrup 

Preparation

In a small bowl, combine bananas and lemon juice. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately while mixing. Beat in bananas and mix until well blended. Bake at 275 for one hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. After removing from oven, place in freezer for a half hour.

For frosting 
In a saucepan, melt butter at medium temperature until golden brown. In a bowl, add butter to sugar, then add milk and syrup. Beat until smooth. Top with bananas and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

enjoy... 

1 comments:

galejade said...

They look so yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch